Slurry Flanged Knife Gate Valve (SKF)
Slurry Flanged Knife Gate Valves (SKF) are equipped with flanges. They isolate the flow even in the most demanding process conditions. They contain only two service parts: ring sleeves and a secondary seal.
- Improved performance – Integrated load distribution ring
- Ease of maintenance – Universal tower design
- Simple installation – One piece body with lockout pins
- Tailings slurry lines
- Slurry pump isolation
- Thickener feed and discharge lines
- Flotation isolation
The SKF valves are available in sizes DN80-600.
New Design for Big SKF Valves
Knife Gate Valve Actuator Cylinders Repositioned to the Side
Flowrox has repositioned actuator cylinders to the side in bigger slurry knife gate valves over DN 900. Benefits are:
- Significantly reduced height – Easier to install, much less empty room above the valve is required.
- Increased safety – Installation and maintenance is not done high in the air.
- Easier maintenance – All maintenance access points are easily accessible, only 2 meters high from the ground.
Available in sizes from DN 900 to DN 1500. They can handle pressures from 10 and down to 4 bar, depending on the size. Flange drillings PN10 or ANSI 150, others on request. The actuator can be either hydraulic or electric.
Entire Valve Body Cast in One Piece
Flowrox Slurry Knife Gate valve body for sizes DN 900 – DN 1500 is entirely cast in one piece. This means there are no risks for leaking through the body. The new valve construction is simpler and more robust. Fewer parts also mean savings in spare part inventory and maintenance time.
Tower design fits well with smaller knife gate valves under DN 900.
Flowrox SKF knife gate valves DN 900–1500 use a new approach.
Instead of tower design, two actuator cylinders are positioned to the sides.
New Flowrox design compared to traditional tower design.
Illustrated on the case of slurry knife gate valve size DN 1200.